Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Leaving a Legacy

I read some years ago that the happiest people say that they are working on leaving a legacy. Ever since I read that I have wanted ILS to have a foundation that would outlive me. I am happy to report that as of today we have a foundation. We gave a gift of $10,000 to the Columbus Foundation. We will have our own foundation within the Columbus Foundation that will be focused on giving to three areas:

1) To promote world peace
2) To protect the environment, and
3) To help the needy

I want to thank all of our clients who have allowed us to create this foundation by doing business with us. I want you to know that every year we plan to give 5% of our profits to this foundation. We will then dispense 1/2 of that amount. That way the amount in the foundation will continue to grow and help people long after we stop giving.

I can tell you that writing that check yesterday was one of the happiest moments I have ever had. Maybe that research on happiness was right; helping others feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment