Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What would we do without technology? by M.J. Clark

Thinking back, I marvel at how I went through the dating process without a cell phone, how my parents kept track of my whereabouts without text messaging, how I hooked up socially with friends without Twitter. Now, I become extremely uncomfortable when I forget my Blackberry at home. I feel I can barely function throughout a work day without it. I often e-mail people instead of calling, so not having my cell phone takes away an important communication tool.

How reliant are we on technology? Is it really helpful to us as business people, or is it more of a crutch? Do we hide behind technology instead of facing people? I often wonder if this age of technology contributes to our lack of assertiveness, a skill so very necessary for business leaders. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment